This started as pictures taken from my cell phone (keitai) in Japan, but now that we're back in the U.S. it has evolved into a running commentary on all things Japanese. Look for more pictures each week of stuff from Japan through the eyes of a gaijin (foreigner).

Friday, April 6, 2007

Horse meat anyone?



Went to a party at a friend's house last week and they had wonderful sushi platters spread out around the room. Since I usually can't afford this delicacy, I quickly swiped my favorites -- salmon, tuna and cod roe -- staying away from the raw shrimp and squid. I know the Japanese enjoy raw beef, but I was a bit grossed out when they asked me if I wanted some raw horse meat! Had to take a pic of that one. There it is in all it's glistening, red glory.

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't do horse meat either, but cod roe sounds even less appetizing!