This started as pictures taken from my cell phone (keitai) in Japan, but now that we're back in the U.S. it has evolved into a running commentary on all things Japanese. Look for more pictures each week of stuff from Japan through the eyes of a gaijin (foreigner).

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Another day, another kimono



We went to the grocery store the other day and found these guys outside. As far as I could tell they were publicizing something inside. The only word I can read on the sign is "Fair." Why they were dressed up like actors in a Samurai drama, playing music from that period in time, I have no idea. The cool thing was that my friend was visiting from America and this was her first day in Japan. I'm sure she thinks this is quite a romantic place where people just walk around the grocery stores dressed this way! Soon after we took their picture they disappeared and we never did find out what their deal was . . .

No comments: